Monday, October 31, 2011

October....

My parents came to visit for a quick weekend at the beginning of the month.  We hit up the Animal Farm (yet again) with Carly and the twins, my parents had never been and Owen and the girls absolutely love the place. 




That same weekend we went to the BYU vs Utah State game with our good friends the Baumans who were in town. Love them!

Went with some friends to Cornbellys...
 


Brett and I had a fun date night at the Real Salt Lake playoff game this weekend with our friends the Berry's. 


 ewww. sorry about the close-up!

And Owen had his first experience in the ER last night.  The paranoid mama in me took him an Insta Care because he was coughing and having a hard time breathing....short, rapid breaths and really wheezy.  The insta care sent us to ER where he got some meds, took a chest x-ray and got some breathing treatments.  


 Thanks to Backyardigans on Brett's i-phone, he didn't mind the whole experience and was pretty chill.  


Three and a half hours later we were sent home, Owen breathing much better.  He's got bronchitis, we did inhaler treatments every two hours last night and are doing them every four hours today.   He's our little asthmatic.


And that is October in a nutshell (at least the beginning of the month and the end....not sure what really went on in between)!

7 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

How fun! Except for the poor sick little guy! Angela has asthma too and we have had a few weeks now without having to use the nebulizer, I am SO grateful! Poor kid!

MEG said...

I was at the ER with Axton at 2AM Friday!!! Same thing, short rapid breathing and weird coughing. The ER doc said he has croup, and gave him a steroid that makes him totally wired and crazy. He was the 4th kid in the ER with croup that night. Here's to mommie visits to the ER at 2AM!!!

Anna Elizabeth said...

oh my gosh Owen is getting soo big and so handsome! and you and brett are just adorbs :) I need to come visit asap!

Spence and Car said...

oh sorry he is sick! hope he gets feeling better soon.

Penny said...

Such a fun month! Poor little Owen, I didn't know he was sick. I love the I phone keeping Owen occupied.

Katherine Fajen said...

Ohh poor guy has asmtha!? All of my siblings have asmtha...I can remember everyone lining up for their breathing treatments each night. Crazy, I hope he gets feeling better!

Brady and Brittney said...

Even sick he looks so cute relaxing in the hospital bed. Audrey needs an inhaler too when she plays really hard. She has the same little face mask thing I puff the meds into. Glad to see you guys are doing good otherwise... you're family is so cute!