Monday, October 20, 2008

Kids Do the Darndest Things

When I say kids, I mean Brett! Sometimes, he does things that only kids do. Sometimes, I feel like I'm married to a 7 year old. I think he does it so that he never gets in trouble, because he knows most of the time I will laugh! Most of the time he is right and I laugh my head off! Let me give you an example.....

I usually do the laundry for us, and 75% of the time Brett is good about helping with folding and putting away his clothes. But 25% of the time I fold his clothes and will put his pile on the bed for him to put away. And 25% of the time that pile sits there, folded, either on the bed or on the floor, for several days. When he's finally had enough of my nagging, he'll put the pile away.

Well on Saturday morning I placed a pile of his clothes on the bed. To my surprise, the pile was gone later that afternoon. I was thrilled Brett put his clothes away without me having to ask or nag......SO I THOUGHT. Sunday afternoon I went to grab something on the night stand by Brett's bed and found the same pile I folded the day before, squished between the bed and the night stand!!!!

He really put them there so he didn't have to put them away and he wouldn't have to hear my complaining! Tell me this isn't something a 5 yr old would do? To them cleaning means hiding things in places that mom won't find them, making mom think they did their chores, and getting that treat mom bribed them with to do the cleaning in the first place!!! Poor Brett doesn't even a get a bribe!

I coudn't help but laugh when I saw the hidden pile of clothes. When I busted Brett he just laughed too. I know these trickes didn't fly by Sheri (Brett's mom) so why does he think they will work on me? Hahahaha, I'm laughing while I write this. Brett is right, most of the time I laugh so much that I can't get mad at him!

Brett says it's what I get for marrying someone younger than him! (I am 6 months older than Brett, pfff)

9 comments:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

HA HA! I'm pretty much used to that. But now after 3 years I just put it away. I get him to do it every once in a while if I'm lucky. Good Luck!!

Whitney said...

That is so funny! Tom does the same thing! Only his favorite hiding place is under the bed . . .

Cher said...

I think that they secretly love to hear us nag...otherwise they would do it right the first time.
I remember asking Ron to straighten up the house (I was at work) before friends came over but to my standard not his! He did pretty good I only had to redo a couple of things. Sometimes I get a little "Monica" (friends) on him..Everything has a place and angle. Ha Ha Ha

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

That is so funny! That is definately something Max would do. Hey I found your blog and added you to my friends list. Our blog is private, but I sent you an invite. Hope you guys had a great weekend together, even after a tough loss. Well, I'll see ya this weekend!

Laura said...

yeah....you should have realized when you married one of the denney boys they are really just super big (and super loveable) kids! brett is so funny...I did the laundry "trick" on my mom when I was late to a friends house and she wanted me to put my clean clothes away...I just put them right back in the dirty clothes. She qucikly notcied all the nicely folded clothes back in the dirty bin...and I remember getting a call to come home! (I think I was in 1st grade though)

Reed and Hailey said...

HAHA! I know exactly how you feel! It's a good thing we love them so much!

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

Well I can you a story or two about nagging. You remember the song you used to sing about elbows on the table. I still have hot flashes and surges of anger from that stupid thing. Just don't start doing that and you two will be fine! Marrying kids is what all wife's do in reality!! ha ha

Colt 'n Tami said...

What a hoot! Good one Brett! haha

Brady and Brittney said...

Egad! Brady never puts his clothes away either! I'll put them on the be and they ALWAYS end up on the floor until there all dirty again. Drives me mad. At least Brady does the laundry most of the time. It's a little too sketchy foe me to do it alone.